Important Dates and Deadlines For Contractors
At TaxAgility, we will manage all your tax deadlines to ensure your Returns are submitted as required and on time.
By appointing us as your chosen accountants, we can liaise with and manage all correspondence with HMRC and Companies House on your behalf – leaving us to worry about the deadlines while you focus on your business.
We will proactively contact you prior to any deadline to ensure you have ample time to send us the information required. For your information, we have listed the key dates below:
|TAX RETURN||DEADLINE DATE|
|Annual Accounts||within 12 months of the end of your company’s Tax accounting period|
|Annual Return||within 12 months of the end of your company’s Tax accounting period|
|VAT Return||Quarterly, as per your VAT certificate|
|HMRC Corporation Tax return and inform HMRC of the Company’s profit each year||Unlike other returns, the payment and filing dates are different for Corporation Tax: pay by nine months after the end of your company’s Tax accounting period and file by 12 months after the end of your company’s Tax accounting period.|
|Employer Annual Returns (P35 and P14)||19 May each year|
|Employer Annual Returns (P11d)||6 July each year|
|Personal Tax Return||31 January each year (online)|
* Under the new Making Tax Digital legislation effective 1 April 2019, these returns are required to be lodged via a compatible cloud accounting software platform for VAT registered businesses earning above the threshold (£85,000). Xero, a gold partner of Tax Agility, is an accredited cloud accounting software with HMRC that can assist with simplifying and streamlining your financial records in accordance with these new regulations. Click here to find out why Xero is a powerful new way of organising your business account and finance.
To find out more about how we can manage these deadlines and maximise your tax savings, please call us on now on 020 8108 0090 or complete the enquiry form and we will call you back.
Useful links for more information:
- HMRC has the most current information on all UK tax matters: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/
- Companies House manages the registration of all new companies and related ongoing returns: http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/
- Gov.uk has a full reference on business tax and starting and running a company in UK: https://www.gov.uk/
Useful pages for contractors:
- Accountants for contractors
- The benefits of contracting
- Contractor companies explained
- Setting up a limited company
- Limited company management
- Choosing the right contractor accountant
- Setting-up and ongoing accounting packages for contractors
- Tax advice for contractors
- Important dates and deadlines for contractors
- IR35 explained